Happy Lunar New Year everybody! Piggi would like to share with you the recipe for his favourite pineapple tarts. The tarts are not only tasty but they melt in your mouth too! So delish it's not to be missed..
Let's start by gathering the ingredients to make about 70-75 tarts:
Filling - rolled into balls of 8g each
600g pineapple jam (Premium quality jam from Redman (Phoon Huat) for a less sweet option)
Wet Ingredients (A)
200 butter (Golden Churn canned butter is more fragrant)
20g icing sugar- sifted
2 egg yolks
Dry Ingredients (B) - sifted, put all in a big bowl
200g Top flour
100g Corn flour
50g Milk powder
1/4tsp baking powder
25g Parmesan Cheese powder (sift this last as the cheese will clog the sieve)
Egg wash (C) - in a small bowl
1 egg yolk
1) Cream the butter and icing sugar until fluffy, add in the egg yolks and mix well.
2) Fold in the dry ingredients (B)
3) When the dough is ready, place it into the fridge to cool for half an hour.
4) Take out the chilled dough and measure about 9 grams each, flatten the dough to wrap over the jam filling. Roll into a round ball or any shape that you like.
5) Cut crisscross patterns with a butter knife before brushing on the egg wash (C).
6) Pre- heat oven at 330F (165C) before putting them to bake for 20 mins or until the tarts are golden brown.
7) Take the cheese pineapple tarts out of the oven to cool before storing them in airtight containers.
See Piggi at work:
Time to enjoy the lovely pineapple tarts! Lotsa ❤ XOXO - Piggi